Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday Fun Day

Our rainstorm the other day reminded us that winter is coming. We had about 3 inches in fifteen minutes, complete with thunder, and lightning that I watched strike not far off in front of me when I went to pick up my daughter. Our backyard is sloped with culverts running through it. Every year they need to be cleaned of pine needles and other debris to clear the path for white water.

We gathered our workers and got started.


They decided it wasn't so bad after all. It was even a little fun.


I took a break and looked at the view.


I even enjoyed the view from the hammock. 



But not for long. I had too many other things to do. 

Later, I went to Barnes and Noble to look over some books on poetry. I bought a hot chocolate and pulled theThe Poetry Toolkit: For Readers and Writersoff the shelf. 

Then I found a cozy chair where I felt at home, across from the theater books. To my left was a man who was also writing, reading, and drinking a Starbucks. We held our cups up at the same time and smiled at each other. 

Ahh . . . bliss. 

My poetry teacher popped into my mind; I thought about the mind-expanding experience I had in her class. (Private message me if you want information on her classes.) Then I decided to check my email where I found a message from her telling me of a poetry anthology in San Diego that is looking for writers.

I love synchronicity. 

My deadline to submit is tomorrow. I guess I'd better sign off and get on it.

Happy almost Monday.





8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day. Cute little guy helping you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best way...make them think it's fun and when they discover the difference between work and play it's too late! :) Good luck with the submission; I hope you're successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Break a leg! Or should that be foot? Since poetry meters in feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like a fantastic day. I love the view of your neighborhood, and the view from the hammock. And if you submit poems to that anthology: good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops! I could have sworn I responded to you, Emily. Thanks for visiting and all the good wishes. :-)

    ReplyDelete