Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Haiku and Watercolor

They make a nice combination, don't they? Like chihuahuas and raincoats. (My dog would agree, mainly because she thinks it means, "walk.")


The other day, I wanted to make another simple book using recycled cardboard and this is what I came up with. I thought the pattern would make a nice book to toss into my purse for that haiku urge when I'm waiting around at my kids' "extracurriculars." 


The cover is a little messy, but I don't mind; it's representative of nature.

I've also been reading up on tea bag art. Lynn Hoppe has some amazing works on her site, but I didn't have any wax. I did have some already-been-brewed teabags drying in my kitchen, so today I got them out and played around with my watercolors. The thought of my watercolor chapbook from last year helped me decide that it would be nice to add some in to my haiku journal.



I painted flowers onto paper and also onto one of the tea bags. Then I attached the tea bag over the paper as the first page of my book. And so it begins.


Amid winter’s height,
housewife avoids dusting shelves,
grows flowers instead.


*****




4 comments:

  1. hi linda,

    ohhhh! this is nice!!! it's so much fun isn't it?!

    thanks for leaving your nice words... : )

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and the nice words, Lynne! (And for the inspiration, too!)
      :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. LOL .. thank you! India (my dog) thanks you, too. :-)

      Delete