Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Creating Yourself and Your World

Picture of Blank Paper
Write Your Life Story 


I sit here overcome by emotions for the state of our world; in front of me, a blank page waits for me to make something of it.

It’s the same with our lives.

We start out in life as a blank page, being molded, and shaped by the world and people around us, influencing who we become through their actions and words.

Still, underneath it all, we remain the plain piece of paper we started out as.

Stripping away all of these influences to find ourselves again can be a painful time. The eraser scratches away bits of our fiber. Some of the markings are easier to remove than others. Some of the pencil scratches have left marks that can never be removed.

We each become pieces of art, displaying our past for everyone to see. We can choose to show our imperfections or try to hide.

What is more interesting? More truthful?

You decide.

*****

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am definitely a W.I.P (Work In Progress).
    Love Noodles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we are each art. I choose to show all the marks from my journey. Hope you have found some comfort around the images from Boston and the state of our world.

    ReplyDelete